Careers Leader: Ms V Taylor
Contact: email@example.com 01724 245151
SLT Link for Careers: Mr D Fields
Link Governor for Careers: Mrs J Kelly
Heads of Year: Mr B Iggleden, Mr C Yates, Mr M Chapman, Mrs C Cheney, Mr B Waite
SENCO: Miss R Coggan
PSHCE Careers Staff: Mrs A Allen, Mrs A Grab, Mrs S Ryan, Mr J Dixon, Mr D Alexander, Mrs H Sharland-Collins.
Next Review of Careers: July 2024
Ms Taylor is the Careers Leader at St Bede’s and she is a Level 6 qualified advisor in IAG, as well as a Level 7 qualified Careers Leader. Ms Taylor has over 10 years’ experience working in the CEIAG sector within North Lincolnshire and is registered to the Careers Development Institute. The school holds the Quality in Careers Standard, most recently awarded in September 2021, this standard will be renewed in September 2024. We also use the Compass+ tool to self-assess our careers programme once a term and we do this in dialogue with our CEC representative and our Enterprise Advisor Steve Foster.
At St Bede’s we work with a variety of employers, and encourage students to learn more about the world of work. We are pleased to be partnered with Birch Chemicals, our Enterprise Advisor Steve Foster brings a wealth of business experience to the school and advises us on both strategic and operational elements of our programme.
As our overall aim at St Bede’s we endeavour to give students:
- Access to impartial advice and guidance at appropriate points
- Interactions with a range of education and training providers to promote all routes, both academic and vocational.
- Encounters with employers and workplaces to enable our students to develop the required skills for the world of work.
- The opportunity to explore careers and to know how to adjust and make changes as situations arise in their lives.
The way we intend to deliver these aims is to:
- Educate staff, students and parents on the local labour market, giving advice on sector growth and decline and job opportunities available
- Integrate careers across our curriculum, allowing students to explore different possibilities in a variety of industry areas
- Embed skills building within our PSHCE curriculum, allowing for student to explore entrepreneurial skills, employability skills and soft skills
- Allow generous access to a qualified and impartial careers adviser, via referrals, routine appointments and parental engagement events such as parents evenings
- Establish and successfully maintain relationships with educational providers, apprenticeship providers, alumni and employers, particularly our Enterprise Advisor Birch Chemicals.
- Continue to work with, and increase links with key employers who will support our LMI interests.
Our careers area is well resources with a dedicated office for careers appointments to take place, along with a designated area of the library and displays across the school. We can also make use of larger spaces such as the presentation centre for large scale events.
Our students continue on to a variety of destinations including sixth forms, sixth form colleges, FE colleges and Apprenticeships. In the summer of 2023, over 97% of our students progressed on to positive destinations with 40% progressing to a sixth form college and 56% progressing to an FE college. In 2022 99% of our leavers secured a positive destination in September.
Students: Students can book an appointment with Ms Taylor and access any of the resources on site.
Parents: Parents are encouraged to use the careers pages within the St Bede’s website, and Ms Taylor is also available for appointments and informal questions during our Parent Consultation Evenings. If you have further questions, please use the contact details on this page.
Education Providers: If you wish to work with our school and students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers: We are always seeking to build our employer network, if you would like to work with us please contact email@example.com to discuss this further.